Lego & Play Camp with Skyhawks - VIRTUAL
This program is currently unavailable. Click here to view all of our current programs.
This engaging virtual offering covers many fields of engineering while also teaching kids about problem solving and creative thinking through the Engineering Design Process with Lego! Participants use their own Lego bricks at home to work on fun projects led by knowledgeable staff. Skyhawks instructors will finish each session with engaging, game-based physical education activities designed to build self-confidence, create body awareness and inspire a passion for an active lifestyle. STEM-based fun with Lego mixed with physical fitness make for a unique offering.
Skyhawks Sports Academy provides sports programs where children discover and develop athletic skills and social values, such as teamwork, respect and sportsmanship. We offer children a positive sports experience while prompting a healthy, active lifestyle.
Virtual Lego & Play Camp
- - All virtual camps and classes will be conducted through Zoom. A Zoom link will be sent to participants prior to a program's start date.
- - A recording of each session will be available to participants if they are unable to attend a session.
- - A list of required equipment will be provided to participants prior to a program's start date.
Lego Additional Notes:
- Our programs require about a gallon size bags worth of loose LEGO bricks. Some require a piece of paper, pencil or ruler.
- Each class will require students to have their own materials. If you child does not have an ample supply of LEGO bricks, we can direct you to available kits online which can be purchased ahead of the class.
Here is a list of equipment/materials you will need for the Skyhawks portion of the program:
- Beach towel or blanket
- Water bottle
- Tall Cones (approx. 10) - Alternatives include water bottles, cups or building blocks
- Flat Cones (approx. 10) - Alternatives include plastic bowls, small pillows or folded towel/clothes
- Flat spot - Alternatives include paper plate, shirt, piece of paper or a magazine
- Sport or playground ball - Can range in size from a basketball to a tennis ball
- Tennis Balls (3) - Alternatives include any ball similar in size or some rolled up socks