Esports & Play Camp with Skyhawks - VIRTUAL
This program is currently unavailable. Click here to view all of our current programs.
It's game time! This unique camp combines a high energy, game-based physical education program with a brand new, one-of-a-kind gaming experience. With our passionate instructors at the core, this program will engage your child in fun activities that develop the fundamental movement skills needed to play a wide variety of sports. As a free add-on, our partners at Nimbus Esports Academy will challenge your child's mind with a skill-based Rocket League program. Participants will work through customized drills, play in teams and compete in friendly competition. This exciting, new program promotes sportsmanship and teamwork in an immersive digital environment, while providing a positive outlet through physical activity. No game purchase necessary.
Skyhawks Sports Academy provides sports programs where children discover and develop athletic skills and social values, such as teamwork, respect and sportsmanship. We offer children a positive sports experience while prompting a healthy, active lifestyle.
Virtual Esports & Play Camp
- - All virtual camps and classes will be conducted through Zoom. A Zoom link will be sent to participants prior to a program's start date.
- - A recording of each session will be available to participants if they are unable to attend a session.
- - A list of required equipment will be provided to participants prior to a program's start date.
Nimbus Esports Notes:
- This program will be conducted via the Kast and Steam applications. Campers must download these applications to their PC prior to the start of the program.
- Download links and individual login credentials will be emailed to each participant one day before the camp begins. PC with a minimum of 20 GB of free hard drive space required for Rocket League download. Game controller (Xbox or PS4) optional.
Here is a list of equipment/materials you will need for the Skyhawks portion of the program:
- Beach towel or blanket
- Water bottle
- Tall Cones (approx. 10) - Alternatives include water bottles, cups or building blocks
- Flat Cones (approx. 10) - Alternatives include plastic bowls, small pillows or folded towel/clothes
- Flat spot - Alternatives include paper plate, shirt, piece of paper or a magazine
- Sport or playground ball - Can range in size from a basketball to a tennis ball
- Tennis Balls (3) - Alternatives include any ball similar in size or some rolled up socks