Basketball Skills with Skyhawks - VIRTUAL
This program is currently unavailable. Click here to view all of our current programs.
This engaging, skill-based program is designed to keep kids active with a blend of basketball instruction and physical education. Presented by top Skyhawks coaches, boys and girls will improve several fundamental basketball skills including ball handling, dribbling, body positioning and shooting. Participants will come away with new ways to practice and excited for their next step in basketball. All activities are designed for the home with a goal of promoting a love for an active lifestyle!
Skyhawks Sports Academy provides sports programs where children discover and develop athletic skills and social values, such as teamwork, respect and sportsmanship. We offer children a positive sports experience while prompting a healthy, active lifestyle.
- - All virtual camps and classes will be conducted through Zoom. A Zoom link will be sent to participants prior to a program's start date.
- - A recording of each session will be available to participants if they are unable to attend a session.
- - A list of required equipment will be provided to participants prior to a program's start date.
Here is a list of equipment/materials you will need throughout the program:
- Beach towel or blanket
- Water bottle
- Soccer Ball - Alternatives include any round sport or playground ball or even a bunch of rolled up socks can be used for passing/shooting games.
- Tall Cones (Approx 10) - Alternatives include water bottles, cups or building blocks
- Flat Cones (Approx 10) - Alternatives include plastic bowls, small pillows or folded towel/clothes
- Flat Spot - Alternatives include paper plate, shirt, piece of paper or a magazine
- Mini Basketball Hoop - Alternatives include upright cardboard box, large bucket or a laundry basket
- Bucket - 5 gallon, cleaning bucket, or a sand pail
- Floor Markings - Painter's tape or sidewalk chalk