Essex Steam Train & Connecticut River Cruise
This program is currently unavailable. Click here to view all of our current programs.
A very special day along the Connecticut River! This unique train and river cruise connection takes you on a ten-mile scenic ride aboard an authentic 19th century steam train. Followed after by a one-hour narrated riverboat cruise, past hilltop mansions with thrilling views of Gillette Castle and the East Haddam Swing Bridge. Your informative narrator will tell you about the history of the area. The day includes lunch and, time permitting, an opportunity for browsing and shopping at Olde Mistick Village.
- Round trip, deluxe air conditioned motor coach transportation
- Tour director
- Refreshments and appropriate rest stops along the way
- 10-mile scenic ride aboard a 19th century steam train
- Relaxing i-hour riverboat cruise on Connecticut River
- Lunch at the Griswold Inn. Lunch includes: house salad of gathered greens, hot rolls,
chef's choice of starch and vegetables, apple turnover with whipped cream and your
choice of entree: Sauteed chicken breast with lemon caper beurre blanc or sliced sirloin
with port reduction
- Time to shop and browse at Olde Mistick Village in Mystic, CT
- Gratuities for all tour features, except drive and tour director included
Estimated time of departure: 7:00am
Estimate return time: 7:00pm
You will be notified of exact itinerary one week prior to trip departure. Times are subject to change based on number of overall registrants.
Cancellations received until 16 days prior to departure - $25pp penalty fee. No refunds for cancellation received less than 16 days before departure.
Cancellation Waiver Fee - $10pp: Protects in case of cancellation for any reason, provided office is notified by no later than 48 hours before departure. Waiver fee must be included with deposit at time of reservation. Waiver is non-refundable, non-transferrable and valid for specified applicant/tour only.
**Please open attached form for full details**
Additional Forms and Files: